If you have just purchased an Apple TV, you must be anticipating being able to use it. One of the best features is that you can add applications that you can download and play. Read on to find out how to download apps on Apple TV.
This allows you to purchase apps for your Apple TV. Applications, are interactive programs you can run on your new Apple device, letting you enjoy it to its fullest potential.
What Do I Need to Install Apps?
In order to experience the best of what the Apple TV has to offer, you will need a few things. First off, you need to make sure that your Apple TV is 4th Generation or newer, and has either a Siri Remote, or a third-party remote control that is configured properly.
You will also need to sign up for an Apple ID so that you will be able to download apps on the App Store. As an option, you would also need a debit or credit card that you can use to purchase it.
Finding apps is as easy as going onto home screen and launching the App Store app. Then, you can use four different ways to find what you are looking for. The Featured Apps section has a main screen which shows you different featured apps at the top of the screen, followed by newly-released apps, apps that Apple has selected for promotion, as well as top-downloaded apps.
How to Download Apps on an Apple TV
Another way to look for apps is to check the Top Charts section at the top of the screen. You can then view apps based on what has been downloaded most, been viewed most, sold most, and so on. The Categories section can also help you find what you are looking for, showing you categories such as News, Games, Education, et cetera. The last option in the top menu is to search for the specific app or type of app that you are looking to download.
You can install it that you want after you have located it with the following steps.
- Highlight the app, then click with the touchpad to show the details for that app. Any free apps will display an “Install” button, while paid ones display a price
- Begin the installation by highlighting the button and clicking on the touchpad
- Enter your Apple ID password at the prompt with the on-screen keyboard
- Wait for the installation to finish
- Click on the “Open” button. This will bring you to the app you’ve just installed, ready for use. You can also access the app via Apple TV’s home screen.